Saturday, August 13, 2016

A Yard-Sale Find

Today, I stopped by a yard sale near the church. I'm not usually one for such, but this one had a white Karmann Ghia in the yard, and I stopped to take a look. The car wasn't for sale, but while there my eyes fell on this BMW-logo'd bag in apparently unused condition, and for 12 bucks I just had to have it!



The Ghia was in very clean condition. The owner told me that he had owned it for 17 years, and had bought it from a nearby neighbor's estate. The car is all original (even tires, he claimed), and has only 19,000 miles! Not a barn find, exactly, but just an example of the treasures hidden in garages around the country. I didn't take a photo, but it looked just like this, right down to the whitewall tires:



As for my fancy bag, it turns out it's a picnic carrier for two, and all the plates, glasses and utensils are present and accounted for - even matching cloth napkins:


The back compartment is padded and would presumably help keep things cool:


The side has a wine sleeve that is removable, so it can be chilled in the freezer:


We're already talking another road trip just so we can take our new bag! What are the odds of going to exactly one yard sale in maybe 6 or 7 years, and finding the perfect accessory for Ebony, our Z4 Coupe?





No comments:

Post a Comment