Friday, August 30, 2013

A Work Light That Works!

I will admit to being a serial buyer of LED lighting - I think that the technology is amazing, and constantly getting better. Recently I picked up a new one. It's a pocket work light by Nebo called the "Larry" - I have no idea who Larry is! The good lighting of the interior photos of my door in my last post was courtesy of my Larry light. Here's a pic:



Such a simple change - instead of modeling an old flashlight with multiple LEDs at one end, put them in a row. These are high-intensity lights, and they make a nice wide pattern of illumination. The manufacturer claims 60 lumens, which is quite a lot for a small light.  

The handle holds three AAA batteries, and battery life is quite good. I'm sure I used it for 2-3 hours while working on the door, and it still is bright and strong.  Nebo claims 11 hours - we'll see.

The clip on the back will rotate 180 degrees, and it's magnetic. That's the way I used it - just stick the light to the inside of the door, with an orientation to illuminate whatever I was doing.

Good stuff. I paid $11 for it, and have subsequently found it for under $9 on both Amazon and eBay. Here's the manufacturer's site link:


No comments:

Post a Comment