Wednesday, January 1, 2025

[Sticky] The Beck TD Story Starts Here!

If you have found your way to this blog via the Internet or the article in Classic Motorsports magazine about the Beck's Brewery MG TD, welcome to the Grant Street Garage! I was thrilled to have a full-page article printed in the November, 2017 issue of Classic Motorsports about my MG project. If you would like to read the whole story so far, start at this link, which will lead you through multiple blog posts:


Classic Motorsports is my favorite car magazine, and I know from past experience that Tim Suddard, the publisher, is very responsive to reader requests. When I asked him to publish a picture of the TD while I was looking for its history, he immediately agreed to do so. Even after I found "the rest of the story" and realized it wasn't a famous racer, the magazine's editor, David Wallens, used my research to create a compelling story of the car's past and my search to uncover it. If you would like to read the article in Classic Motorsports, you can access via their website at this link:

https://classicmotorsports.com/articles/unraveling-volvo-powered-mg-mystery/

Then, you'll want to subscribe to both Classic Motorsports and its sister publication, Grassroots Motorsports! Just click their names in the last sentence and choose the "Subscribe" button. Let's support those who support us, and make sure those valuable resources are always available!


No comments:

Post a Comment